Tuesday, December 5, 2006

In You To Give...




A couple days ago the Blood Clinic came to Haworth. They come right to work, so I really have no excuse not to give when it's that convenient. And any employeer that is still going to pay you while you have a little break to get some blood sucked out... is good in my books. I must say that I was a little disappointed with my donating perfomance this time around though. Usually I take pride in my fast flowing blood, coming in around the 4 minute mark. However, something went wonky this time and when 7 minutes rolled around, my bag was still only half full. Given that I am already fair skinned, I usually give the nurses a good scare and get bombarded by questions regarding my state. I can't say that giving blood is a particularly pleasurable experience, but it's very cool to think that through the process 3 lives could be saved. Or so they tell me... I guess for all I know they could be doing something completely wacky with it... Hmmm. But if you ever have the opportunity to give blood, I highly, highly recommend you do so. Blood. It's in you to give!

No comments: